Please read through all the information below before booking a course or guided day.
We employ an industry standard cancellation policy. Please read the following carefully, email or call the office with any questions before booking.
– To cancel or reschedule a Private Guiding or Instruction reservation, $50 is non-refundable. Full payment is due 7 days prior to booked date. No refunds are given after 7 days prior to the booked date. You will be charged for the full amount if you cancel/reschedule within 7 days of booked date.
– To cancel or reschedule a Group Booking (6 or more) reservation, $100 is non-refundable. Full payment is due 7 days prior to booked date. No refunds are given after 7 days prior to the booked date. You will be charged for the full amount if you cancel/reschedule within 7 days of booked date. You must confirm minimum numbers 7 days prior to the event. You will be charged for the minimum number you stated if less people show up on the day.
– To cancel a Summer Camp Program reservation, $100 is non refundable. Full payment is due 14 days prior to start date. No refunds are given for cancellations after 14 days prior to program start date. You will be charged for the full amount if you cancel/reschedule within 14 days of start date.
– No refund will be given to “no shows” and you will be charged/billed for a full day of climbing or course.
– There is a full refund for weather-related cancellations.
Availability: Flagstaff Climbing Guides courses and guiding is offered throughout the year. Remember, it can be in the 60’s in the dead of winter here in the Southwest! If you don’t see a course date that fits your schedule, email or give us a call. Early booking is essential as some courses are fully booked up to 2 months in advance. Last minute bookings are often available so please call or email the office to find out availability.
Transportation: It is your responsibility for your own transportation to and from the Trail Head. Transportation is provided with summer camp programs. Flagstaff Climbing Guides uses carpooling to travel from the office to and from the trailhead.
Camping and Food: Camping and food costs are not included in any of the courses we offer.
Emergency Information: Please be aware that advanced medical care is normally over an hour away from the climbing and course sites, cell phones often do not work in the areas that the courses are run. All medical concerns, old injuries, and medications should be discussed with the Guide prior to the course or day of guiding.
Client Gear List
Clients are expected to be prepared for the day by providing the things listed below.
– Water- at least 2 liters of water or sports drink for half days and at least 3 liters for full days. Please avoid sugar drinks such as sodas and most energy drinks.
– Food- snacks and lunch should be substantial not just a handful of candy bars!
– Shoes or hiking boots- No sandals!
– Clothing for any weather.
– Prescribed medications if necessary.
– Sunglasses/ sunscreen/ hat
– Backpack to carry everything in
– Climbing equipment- Harness, Belay Device, Shoes, Helmet, etc. (we can provide anything you do not have)
– Small notebook/pen if taking a course.